HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Sunday was my first Mother's Day, as a mother. In all the years past it's been about celebrating all of the wonderful mother's that surround me, especially my own! This year was the same, although it was an extra special day to celebrate my new role as Sarah Jane's Mommy! I went in her room first thing in the morning as I always do to find a card in her crib that read, "To Mama". When I came down stairs after dressing her in an 'I love Mommy' onesie, a french toast breakfast was being prepared along with a new plant for the yard and an aquamarine (Sarah's birthstone) pendant on a necklace. :o) (What a perfect reason for more jewelry!) The rest of the day was very relaxing and low key with the fam. I got several cards in the mail and phone calls wishing me a Happy First Mother's Day. It was a very nice day and great to be recognized and continue with the initiation into the Mom-club!
This is more or less only the third picture of our family together! I know we need more, but it seems that I am always the one behind the camera!

Sarah is on the move! This picture was taken first thing in the morning before moving her to get changed. When I put her down, she was about 6 inches higher than this. She's definately starting to scoot on her back.
Speaking of crib time, we've been so lucky to have a sleeper! We put Sarah to bed anywhere around 10-11pm and she doesn't wake me up until about 7-9 hours later every night! This started a couple weeks ago and has been consistent ever since. It's been great to get full nights sleep and I'm glad to be through the weeks and weeks of NO SLEEP with a newborn!
We are SO thankful for Sarah. She's really a great baby in every way. She's happy, easy going, sleeps very well, and only cries when she's hungry. We just hope this temperment sticks with her for the long haul! :o)
1 comment:
i'm so glad you had a good first mother's day! it is truly special. and how fun- last year, I got earrings with gigi's birthstone- it is a fun reason for jewelry! :) Sarah is getting so big- I'm happy to hear that she is sleeping so well! Love ya lots!
Post a Comment