After some discussion and persuasion from Nicole Bennett, I decided this might be a pretty good idea. I've always enjoyed reading The Bennett Blog and perhaps now that they are in Colorado, they would like more postings about people back in California. So... here goes...

First and foremost, WE'RE EXPECTING a baby GIRL! Now, I know that's not news fresh off the press but nonetheless it's exciting news!
This first ultra sound picture is from my first pre-natal appointment in July. I was about 7.5 weeks pregnant at that time. The second one, below, is from the level 2 ultra sound in September when I was 17.5 weeks along.
As of today I am 23 weeks along and popping out nicely. We've only had two ultra sounds and they've taken several viles of blood from me to test for various things. So far, all is well! She's moving around quite often now and Ben felt her for the first time the other night. :o) Her name will most likely be Sara(h) Jane. Ben and I still have not come to the agreement of how the spelling of our daughters name will be. Fortunately, we've decided on her name- since we found out she was a girl until now at least!

I've almost completed the task of the baby registry although I haven't the slightest clue on what we'll need & what will make our lives easier. With the help of several friends, I have narrowed it down as best I could. We're going with a jungle type theme in her room- which is pretty unisex. I'm sure once she's born, there will be enough pink to go around. :o)
Ben and I are doing well and trying to start getting the room set up. We still have to scrape the popcorn off the ceiling, re-texture, prime, and paint before any of the fun decorating begins. I built the cradle my Dad made for my Mom when she was pregnant with me- some 27 years ago. It has been with my brother for the past couple of years since they were able to use it for Audrey. It looks so cute in our living room right now and is a daily reminder that soon there will be a new precious little one to occupy that little swinging cradle.
3 comments:
Loved reading your blog!! Can't wait for more details of your life!! I've added it to my favorites!!
So glad you've created a blog. It's one more way for us to feel close! Love, Mom and Dad
can't wait to see pics of the baby room as it gets going!
Post a Comment